Thread: Create-a-Saint

Create-a-Saint

Hello All,

The Church is looking for ideas for Saints, and the more the merrier. If you can come up with a Saint and a brief background story on them, or even just a general idea, I may incorporate them into the SSR religion. Just respond to this thread with your idea and I'll take a look.

Please note: By responding to this thread with an idea/story you're giving me permission to edit it, use it as I see fit, or...just basically steal the crap out of it.

No idea where to start? Use the following links as a reference:

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/sho...Church-History

http://www.silversunrepublic.com/sho...List-of-Saints
    Caelitus Mihi Vires

I had an excellent idea pitched to me, allow me to share it here:

"The Compendium of Requesta tells us that before the exodus, Saint Stianos gathered together the slaves and they ate a final meal of food goods they had hid away.

“While they were eating, Saint Stianos took bread, and after giving thanks he broke it, gave it to his fellow slaves and said, ‘Requesta has provided this meal, it is of her, and of the bodies of those who died to provide for us tonight.’ And after taking the cup and giving thanks, he gave it to them saying, “Drink from it, all of you, for this is the blood, the blood of the covenant, that is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you from now on I will not drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in our Lady’s kingdom.”

Saint Stianos gave his life that night in the exodus, sacrificing his life so that others may live.

Tonight we repeat this symbolic act. Come eat and drink from the body of our Lady and those who died to free us from bondage, and renew our covenant with Requesta.

Those wishing to participate in communion must walk before the altar of the church and kneel, hands held together as if bound. They will then eat the bread and wine offered to them and return to their seats. Once all in attendance have eaten the bread and wine, those gathered will recite the Lady's prayer:"

...right...

The Compendium of Requesta tells us that before the exodus, Saint Stianos, the leader of the Rebellion, gathered together the slaves and they ate a final meal of food goods they had hid away.

While they were eating, Saint Stianos took bread, and after giving thanks he broke it, gave it to his fellow slaves and said, "Requesta has provided this meal, it is of her, and of the bodies of those who died to provide for us tonight." And after taking the cup and giving thanks, he gave it to them saying, “Drink from it, all of you, for this is the blood, the blood of those who give their lives for us.”

Saint Stianos gave his life that night in the exodus, sacrificing himself so that others may live.

His body was recovered and brought on board the Republic's Hulk. Though it spent many days adrift, there was no scent of death nor sign of decay upon the body. It was later buried when the hulk made landfall, and moved to the Basilica of Saint Beraneous upon its completion.
    Last edited by Azerath; 03-01-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Caelitus Mihi Vires